Honk Honk

Honk Honk

Monday, June 7, 2010

The H and P words

I was very proud of one of my students who came up to me and admitted what had happened when I broke up her argument with another student.  The other girl lashed out in anger yelling and getting herself in more trouble.  The other one came up to me and had this conversation with me...

D:  I did something stupid so I came to talk to you about it.
Mrs. J:  (I was very proud because one of my classroom rules is, if you do something stupid, which we all do from time to time, come talk to me about it and you'll be in far less trouble, then when I find out from someone else)
D:  She called me a...well you know a bad word...
Mrs. J: (probing) A word that starts with the letter... (I am waiting for the response of B)
D:  You know, the H word, so then I called her the P word.

At this point I am totally perplexed.  I thought I knew my bad words pretty well...apparently not

Mrs. J:  OK, you won't get in trouble if you tell me the words right now, but I need to know what the H and P words are.
D:  You know, she called me a Ho so I called her a Prostitute

One of my funniest teaching moments ever!  Certainly the funniest this year!

No comments: